Thanks to everyone who called in or pre-pledged for my Funding Drive show on the 6th. I would put up a playlist, but I went way off-script and didn’t write down the revised order of songs. Also, there was a problem with the plumtree CD, so that happened.
Today featured some talk about the state of the Norwegian music industry, a very brief and superficial look at the Vampire Weekend publicity rights lawsuit, and an awfully insensitive joke about the Hungarian toxic red sludge disaster.
Also, some really wimpy songs followed by some really rockin’ songs. The duality of man, sir.
1. Grizzly Bear - Southern Point
2. Olenka and the Autumn Lovers - Flash in the Pan
3. Gypsophilia - Agricola and Sarah*
4. The Decemberisits - The Chimbley Sweep
5. Sondre Lerche - Track You Down
6. Lykke Li - Little Bit
7. Land of Talk - Quarry Hymns
8. The Arcade Fire - Rococo
9. Spoon - My Mathematical Mind
10. Chad Vangaalen - Bones of Man
11. Midlake - In This Camp
12. Vampire Weekend - One (Blake’s Got a New Face)
13. Foals - Electric Bloom
14. Les Savy Fav - We’ll Make a Lover Of You
15. Frog Eyes - Caravan Breakers, They Prey on the Weak and the Old**
*I briefly considered living at that intersection.
**Question: was it insensitive to play a song with “the weak and the old” in the title almost immediately after a PSA about Alzheimer’s Disease?